23 August 2021
Who we are
For the purpose of this notice, “Pure Survey” refers to the following three companies: Pure Survey (Pty) Ltd, Pure Survey International (Pty) Ltd and Digital Pure Solutions (Pty) Ltd (trading as Pure Solutions).
How we collect Personal Information
Pure Survey functions in an Operator role on behalf of our clients. Personal Information is supplied to us by our clients for a variety of reasons. These may include, but are not limited to, conducting online surveys, facilitating WhatsApp line communications and facilitating App interactions. Our clients are expected to be fully POPIA compliant and to have secured the necessary authorisation to collect and process the Personal Information which they supply us with.
Personal Information may be provided to us via job applications to our recruitment email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, or via general or sales enquiries to email@example.com.
Nature of Personal Information
The nature of the Personal Information which our clients supply us with is directly related to their specific business need. This may include names, email addresses, phone numbers, ID numbers, locations, job titles.
Job applications will likely contain names, gender, marital status, nationality, education, employment history, location, phone numbers and email addresses.
Sales enquires generally contain names and contact details only.
Use of Personal Information
We process personal data under the following circumstances for the legal basis of processing:
- Conclusion or performance of a contract;
- Necessary for compliance with legislation;
- Protecting a legitimate (vital) interest of the data subject;
- Protecting a legitimate (vital) interest of our organisation; and
- When we have your consent.
Research Survey Information
Personal information provided to Pure Survey is confidential and is combined with information gathered from other survey participants, and reported in aggregate. In some cases, survey responses may be tied to other customer information that is provided by the client sponsoring the survey, and used for segmentation or analytical model building, but in no case will responses be used for individual marketing efforts, and no action will be taken toward an individual respondent simply because of his or her participation in the survey.
Pure Survey Analytics Survey Web Site
Email Addresses and Communication
Pure Survey may have personal email addresses in its email system or data files that are acquired through Clients who have provided email addresses for research purposes.
Pure Survey uses email as a means of communicating to known clients and customers. When email is used to invite respondents to participate in surveys, the following processes are used to ensure we do not send SPAM:
- We clearly identify ourselves and/or the client when sending an invitation
- We provide contact information should there be any questions or concerns
- We provide the option to be removed from future email research invitations
- We reuse email addresses only as a legitimate follow up to survey research
These processes ensure that we contact only those who could have an expectation of being contacted for research purposes.
Disclosure of Information
Under certain circumstances, Pure Survey may be required or permitted by law or court orders to collect, use, and / or disclose personal information; notice may not be required.
Personal information may also be disclosed when the survey instrument clearly states that the information will be disclosed or, when a participant makes a request during the survey that can only be fulfilled by disclosing information from the survey.
Storage and Security
Pure Survey is committed to keeping personal data secure and will take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. This data is stored on our internal network servers that are protected by firewalls and other appropriate security mechanisms.
No method of transmission over the Internet, nor method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We delete your personal data as soon as the purpose for which we have collected and processed the data ceases to apply. Beyond this time period, data storage only takes place to the extent made necessary by the legislation, regulations or other legal provisions to which we are subject to.
Our Information Security Policy covers:
- Management support for information security
- Information security responsibilities
- Information security classification
- Personal password management
- Internet acceptable usage
- Computer security
- Establishing network connections
- Printed material and documents
- Change control
- Intellectual property rights
- Software development
Access to Personal Information
Only authorized Pure Survey employees, vendors, contractors or partners carrying out authorized business functions are allowed to access Pure Survey Analytics data or databases.
Vendors, contractors, or partners who have access to survey information in connection with providing services for Pure Survey are required, at a minimum, to sign a Confidentiality Agreement. The Confidentiality Agreement requires them to keep the information confidential; they are not permitted to use this information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for Pure Survey Analytics.
Pure Survey employees are required to sign a Confidentiality Agreement in which they agree to keep all project and respondent personal information confidential. Employees who violate the Confidentiality Agreement are subject to disciplinary actions, including termination when appropriate.
Pure Survey does not knowingly make direct contact with children to participate in research activities. If we require survey information from children, we contact the parent or guardian to arrange the survey activities and we encourage the parent or guardian to closely monitor and participate in the survey activities.
If we learn that we have collected information from a user that is under the age of 18, we will take measures to promptly delete such data from our records
As a data subject, you have the following rights when it comes to your personal information:
- Right to have personal information processed in accordance with the purpose you have given concern to conditions and you have the right to revoke your consent at any time.
- Right to be notified on why your personal information is collected.
- Right to object to the processing of personal information.
- Right to institute civil proceedings regarding the alleged interference with the protection of your personal information.
- Right to submit a complaint to the Information Regulator regarding the alleged interference with the protection of the personal information of any data subject.
If you would like to contact us regarding this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. To contact the information Regulator, the please use one of the following:
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Complaints: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
Changes In This Privacy Statement